Last Friday I shared the Ice Cream Social Dress tutorial with you from Crafting is Not Optional and I got to try it out that night after all! I had a flowered bed sheet that I found for less than $2 at a thrift store last week and thought it would work perfectly.
Well, I did like how the print worked, but I wasn't as pleased as I'd hoped with the dress over all. It was my first attempt ever at making a dress and I made the mistake of winging the measurements rather than waiting to measure Eleanor (when I have my mind set to make something I just want to get it done!) So on the first fitting I found out the straps were way to long and it was simple enough to adjust them, but it also kind of gapes in the back a little (and I was too tired to alter it again).
Despite my own critique, Eleanor loves the dress and it will be perfect for summer--here's to the rising Texas heat!