Take a look at what I whipped up last night!
And no, I don't mean this adorable baby...
...I mean the pillow!
After watching Amelia growing more and more frustrated trying to play on her belly last night, I remembered how much Skyler loved playing on his as a baby. And then I remembered the pattern I had from Lotta Jansdotter's Simple Sewing for Baby. So I raided my fabric stash--I didn't have any girly prints that were large enough--and sewed and stuffed it in about an hour!
It was so satisfying to finish a project so quickly! I've been working on a couple of knit and crochet projects that have taken me over a month so far, and was really starting to get sick of them--I'm still going to finish them, I just needed a quick sewing fix to keep me going.
I didn't have enough of the print for the whole thing, so I used some old grey duck cloth from the inside of Skyler's R2D2 bag for the bottom (nobody's gonna be looking at the bottom anyway). For the stuffing I used up a bag of polyfil I had on hand, along with a bunch of scraps from my stash. I learned from my mistake with the kids' cushions that using scrap fabric alone for stuffing makes for a very heavy cushion!
So this is my first official entry into the Rumplestiltskin Challenge, and I think it's a rather good one, if I do say so myself! And now for a couple more cute baby pictures (for posterity, of course):