photo by cupcakes2
Happy Earth Day everyone! Doing anything especially green today? At dinner last night my seven-year-old son said we should turn the lights off and use the sunshine instead--a simple change, but it's good to know our kids are growing up with a love for the Earth!
Okay, so I know you're all eager to hear who won the Spring Greening giveaways. Congrats goes to...
- Lucy, winner of the Dishcloth Shoppe giveaway
- Domestic Diva, winner of the Season's Gleanings giveaway
- jdm2551, winner of the Rockin' Green giveaway
Congrats ladies! I'll be emailing you to get your mailing address.
For those of you who didn't win, here are some other ways you can celebrate Earth Day (including a few freebies):
- Picnic for the Planet--pack up your basket and have a lunch date with Mother Earth, you can even look for a picnic near you.
- Enjoy a free cup of coffee (or tea) at Starbucks if you bring in your own mug or ask to use a for-here cup! You might want to show up early though, last year 1.2 million people showed up for their free cup!
- As a part of National Park Week you can get into any of the 394 national U.S. parks for free until April 24!
- iPhone and iPad users can download The Four Seasons, an interactive children's storybook about Earth Day, for free.
- Lowe's is giving away one million free trees on Saturday.
- And I'm not 100% sure about this one, but supposedly you can take in your unwanted Old navy flip flops to be recycled into playground materials--anyone heard about this one?
Any other Earth day goodies or events you want to share? How will you be celebrating our greatest resource?