Our little boy turned four just a couple weeks ago, and for his birthday I decided to make him a pair of summer pajamas. I picked out a blue and white seersucker, perfect for keeping cool (hopefully cool enough) during hot summer nights in South Texas. It was hard keeping them a secret--I needed every extra minute to work on them. So he knew I was making him something, but didn't see them finished until he opened his gift.
I was working from a pattern out of Sewn With Love, a book of children's clothing patterns inspired by vintage designs. And I'm not sure if it was just me or what, but I had a really hard time working with this book. The pattern on the cd provided wasn't printing out correctly, the illustrations didn't all correlate with the pattern pieces, and several parts of the instructions were unclear. And I ended up having to wing a few things to finish them up. In the book's defense, this was my first time sewing a collared shirt, and I didn't have much luck the last time I tried sewing pants from a pattern.
Regardless of the stress over making the shirt and pants, my little boy looks completely adorable in his new pjs!
I'm working on some shorts for both the boys using my own homemade patterns for KCWC this week--here's hoping they turn out!