I'll begin with the littlest ones, toddlers and babies. When hunting down gift-ideas one of the biggest things I look for is eco-friendly-ness. Although not everything on my lists are 100% green, they're all items I'd feel happy to have in our home. I hope you find something for the tiny tots on your list and stay tuned tomorrow when I share my gifts for girls! Enjoy!
1. Smart Gear Balance Bike I've seen these balance bikes around and love them. Older toddlers can learn how to balance a bike properly without training wheels. And with wood used from replenishable sources, formaldehyde-free glue, non-toxic paints, and even green packaging, everything's in balance!
2. Green Toys My First Stacker This 8-piece stacker is made in the USA out of 100% food-grade milk jugs. And it's got a great price! Did you know that on average every pound of recycled milk jugs used by Green Toys saves enough electricity to keep a laptop running for a month?
3. Under the Nile Organic Carrot Teether This plush carrot is not only the perfect size for little teethers, but it's also Fair-trade and made of organic cotton. Get your baby started on her veggies early!
4. Apple Park Organic Plush Bunny This is one environmentally-conscious little bunny. With recycled non-toxic safety eyes, 100% organic cotton fur, and even eco-friendly fluffy insides, it's sure to be your little one's new best friend. (Just don't let him eat the organic carrot!)
5. Ceramic Kitten with Yarn Lamp This little kitty would make a perfect night light--and it has yarn--anything with yarn is good.
6. Flowered Enamel Cup, Bowl, & Plate Set by Nova Natural I love the classic look of enamelware, and this 3-piece set is sure to stand the test of time (and make for great mealtime photos). They even have a matching tea set!
7. Green Sprouts Brush & Comb Set This comb and brush set is made with natural wood and bristles.
8. Twirl Party Dress from Tea This cotton-silk blend dress is perfect for holiday parties and will last on into spring. I like to get a size slightly larger in dresses--the biggest difference is usually the length!
9. Black Dot Tiny TOMS I love my TOMS, and tiny polka-dotted ones are even better! Plus they donate a pair for every pair bought (so thing of it as a two-for-one deal)!
10. Geese Appliqué Pinnie by Mini Boden This fully-lined cotton corduroy jumper would be perfect with leggings and a sweater--perfect for a day at the park!
11. Tea Collection Alpine Romper A hooded romper, why didn't I think of that! Your little man will be warm and stylish (and those triangles just might make him better at geometry when he's older*).
*not guaranteed ;)
12. Pantone Colors Board Book A twist on the traditional baby book of colors, Pantone introduces the idea of shades with 20 variations each of 9 basic colors. You just might dream of paint swatches after putting baby to bed.
13. Little Treasures: Endearments from Around the World I'm in love with this book. Although it's a little wordy for babies, it shares little pet-names for children in 14 different languages. You just might find a new nickname for your little lamb chop.
14. 123 Sí! by Trinity University Press I'm proud to share this San Antonio-born book. With hand-picked pieces from the San Antonio Museum of Art, this beautiful bilingual board book goes beyond basic counting and draws both parent and child in to further examine the art sprinkled throughout the book.
15. ABCs Board Book by Charley Harper This little abcedarium (a fancy word for alphabet book) is filled with color and contains beautiful graphic design that your little one will want to read over (and over) again.
There we have it! 15 gifts for little ones. Now don't go thinking you have to go get all of them--just pick one or two. Which ones are your favorites?
Stop back each day this week for more gift ideas!