This fall, Rachel of Lines Across launched Let's Wrap Stuff, a website devoted to all things gift wrap related. To celebrate its launch, Rachel challenged me and a select group of talented bloggers to come up with a creative gift wrap idea using plain kraft paper. Who doesn't love brown paper packages tied up with string?
For my wrapping, I decided to do a spray paint relief with some of my husband's old wrenches. I had some metallic spray paint left from my magnet letter ornaments that was perfect for this project. Read on to find out how to make your own DIY Wrench Wrapping Paper.
This post includes affiliate links
Here's what you'll need:
- A roll of brown kraft paper (I buy mine for about $10 at Home Depot)
- Wrenches in various sizes–make sure the wrenches you use are as flat as possible (no socket wrenches)
- Masking tape
- Krylon Metallic spray paint in Copper
Cut off a large piece of kraft paper and tape down on a flat surface safe for spray painting. Lay your wrenches out randomly and begin spraying.
I didn't have enough wrenches to cover all of my paper, so I stopped spraying to move them over to the other half of the paper. Remove the wrenches and allow the paper to dry fully before removing the tape and rolling it up.
You're ready to wrap!
Check out all 24 creative kraft paper gift wrap ideas below:
2. Embroidered Wrapping Paper by Lines Across
3. Holiday Lights Gift Wrap by Burlap and Blue
4. Printable DIY Watercolor Gift Tags by Dawn Nicole
5. Chalkboard Painted Wrapping Paper by The Winthrop Chronicles
6. Let it Snow Neighbor Gift Printable by Ginger Snap Crafts
7. Upcycled Cardboard Gift Tags 3 Ways by Eat. Sleep. Make.
8. Kraft Paper Gift Card Envelope Printables by Delia Creates
9. Make + Give Christmas Tree Gift Topper by Make and Tell
10. DIY Wrench Wrapping Paper by Maker Mama
11. DIY Stamped Trees Gift Wrap by Shaken Together Life
12. Brown Paper Packages by Delineate Your Dwelling
13. Yarn Tassel Gift Wrap 2 Ways by Hands Occupied
14. Holiday Writing with Washi Tape by Club Chica Circle
15. Glitter-Dipped Gift Tags by The Thinking Closet
16. Coffee Container Christmas Gift Tags by Simply Kelly Designs
17. Gift Wrapping Ideas by C.R.A.F.T.
18. Holiday Gift Wrap Ideas by Making Home Base
19. Sewn Brown Paper Gift Card Gift Giving by Dream a Little Bigger
20. Chalkboard Gift Tag & Ornament by Tried and True
21. Easy Holly Ornament Gift Tag by Rae Gun Ramblings
22. Printable Hand-Lettered Christmas Tags by Persia Lou
23. Christmas Gift Wrapping Ideas by Eighteen25
24. Washi Tape Christmas Tree Gift Card Box by That's What Che Said