Y’all know how much I love a good craft party, right? So of course I was thrilled when I heard about Crafthouse SA, a local social experience for ladies who like to get their craft on (that’s me!). I went out to their Get Bent Craft Event last month, which combined my two loves, yoga and crafting, for an amazing event. We enjoyed a yoga workout with Mobile Om, then crafted over mimosas and yummy refreshments. Crafthouse founder Victoria did an impeccable job putting this event together, and their next event is this weekend!
At the Dia De Los Tacos craft event, each participant will channel their inner Frida Kahlo and hand paint sugar skull or luchador inspired terra cotta planters. Then try out your green thumb by filling that bad boy with some muy bonita desert plants (because San Antonio). And make sure you come hungry, not to mention thirsty, because Taps y Tapas will be serving their specialty Tacos 3 Ways with your choice of Alamo Beer or house made sangria. There will also be giveaways, swag from local artists and more to come!
So what do you get again?
- Meal provided by Taps y Tapas
- 2 pints Alamo Beer OR 2 glasses house made sangria
- Two hour instruction-led course on creating your own sugar skull or luchador planter
- All materials for the project (including planters, paints, brushes, stencils, plants and even dirt)
- A hand curated swag bag filled with items from local and small businesses
All skill levels are welcome whether or not you know mod podge from a glue stick (or a chupacabra from the cucuy)!