VarageSale was founded by a former elementary teacher, Tami Zuckerman, in 2012 after she became frustrated using other sites to buy and sell online. She approached her husband, a programmer, and the two collaborated together to create something more user friendly with a better experience than existing classifieds sites or social networks.
What is VarageSale?
- A platform to buy and sell new and gently used items with your local community.
- A unique community is built around trust and real identities
- VarageSale has hundreds of local communities across 42 states, and millions of users
- VarageSale is free to use, and available on iOS, Android and online at http://www.varagesale.com
Why VarageSale? With VarageSale, you can:
- Buy items at a fraction of the retail price (some up to 90% off!)
- Earn extra cash by decluttering your home and selling unused items
- Shop with confidence by browsing member profiles to see real names and photos which have been vetted by local admins and moderators
- Get to know your neighbors in a fun, social environment
Other useful tips:
The app uses location technology to sort the news feed based on what’s closest to you. The more people posting and shopping within a community, the more local your experience will be.
Another nifty and helpful trick for VarageSale users? You can customize your news feed so that only the categories and items you care about, show up!
And if you’re in San Antonio, check out the two new VarageSale communities in East San Antonio and Central SA/Alamo Heights.
VarageSale is also running a cash offer specifically in these communities along with a free family vacation contest. The Super Seller Cash Promotion gives new VarageSale sign-ups who join one of the San Antonio communities above the opportunity to earn $5 for every item they list for sale (up to 25 items). That’s potentially $125 up for grabs! And as a bonus, every item listed for sale is also an entry into a state-wide contest to win a family vacation for up to five people Disney World in Orlando, Florida.
And if you’re a crafter in Texas, VarageSale is offering a $50 bonus for listing your first 10 handmade items.
Be sure to visit VarageSale on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube, and find your VarageSale community at VarageSale.com.