Halloween is next week, and chances are you’re probably donning your costume this weekend, too. You and your kids have made the effort to brainstorm, shop, and create your costumes––don’t you want to get the best photos of your costumed crew possible, too?
Here are my 5 tips for taking great Halloween photos, and check out my video below for more info on each one!
- Take your photos of your kids (or yourself) in costume before all the Halloween action.
- Find a blank wall to use as your backdrop––or a decluttered background.
- Use natural daylight (if possible), or use street lights to creatively capture your costume.
- Take a burst of photos to get your kids in action
- Take pictures of the details
What are you and your kids dressing up as for Halloween? What’s the best costume photo you’ve ever taken? Tag me on Instagram, I’d love to see them!
Looking for more Photography Tips? Check out these posts:
New Online Course | The Phone Photography Primer
Glow Stick Photos–A Fun Alternative to Sparkler Pictures
The Best App to Remove Unwanted Objects from Photos on iPhone or Android
How to Straighten Photos on Your Phone
And check out these Halloween costume ideas, too:
15 Thrift Store Halloween Costumes
DIY Mario and Luigi Costumes for Kids
100 DIY Halloween Costumes