Hey there, I’m Amy. I’m a creative, mama, podcast junkie (and former podcaster), and San Antonio girl. Most days you can find me working from coffee shops or my fave coworking space, laughing until I snort with my kids after school, and burning the midnight oil on a good book or my latest big idea.
I started what eventually evolved into the Maker Mama blog and brand back in 2009 when I became a stay-at-home mom and needed a creative outlet. I’m mostly known for taking thrift store finds and repurposing them into imaginative DIY projects.
Along with DIY-ing all the things, I’ve DIY-ed my website, photography, and social media presence and geek out on things like SEO and analytics. Since my online adventures began, I’ve grown my business organically from hobby blogger to full-time social media consultant.
Now, I serve small business owners and entrepreneurs who struggle with wearing all the hats in their business, and need help streamlining their social media management. I help them conquer their own DIY Digital Presence through workshops, coaching, and online presence reviews. Nothing makes me happier in my work than helping other bootstrapping entrepreneurs put their best foot forward on social.
As a blogger, I’ve been featured on Apartment Therapy, MAKE, Buzzfeed DIY, CRAFT, BlogHer, and PBS Crafts for Kids, and have partnered with numerous brands including Martha Stewart, KIA, Nintendo, Lego, HP, and Goodwill.
When I’m not busy working on all things digital, you can catch me walking my pup, hitting up local art museums and events with my four kids, or swing dancing to my favorite live jazz bands.
If you’re dying to hear more, here are five things you might not know about me:
- I spent a good chunk of my childhood living in the English countryside. I’m pretty sure that’s where my love for the outdoors began.
- From thrifted clothes, to epic garage-saling days, to my 100-year-old house, I seriously love old things. I even gave an impromptu talk on my obsession once.
- I know enough phrasal French to order a baguette, and Spanish to order tacos (al pastor, por supuesto).
- I’m a single mom, and I left the security of my full-time job in 2017 to forge a path in creating my own career.
- I once took my kids on an 8-day road trip to Colorado, where we camped in 4 different locations, and managed not to get eaten by bears (or each other). Did I mention I was the only adult present for this escapade?
Still here? Let’s connect! Join me on FB Live every Friday for DIY Digital & Phone Photography Tips, and follow me on Instagram for all my latest goings-on.